Thursday, October 24, 2013

Aviation Small World

First time I met him was in 1981, in Alor Setar when I was doing my basic flying course , he was one of the instructors. He left Alor Setar before we completed our course, but I met him again at Kuantan Air Base. He was one of the instructors again responsible for turning us from young gentlemen into aspiring fighter pilots, using the Tebuan and the Aermacchi MB339. In 1984, we were fully operational fighter pilots, few of us sent to 12 squadron for the F5E onversion and this man strongly recommended me. I never let him down though. After couple of years in the F5 Squadron, we met again, working in the same squadron until he was posted out to do staff job and I went to Alor Setar, where I started, to instruct the rookies. I left TUDM after that, joined MAS, Etihad Airways, apparently he left TUDM also, joined cargo company Transmile, moved to Shanghai working with Greatwall flying the 747. And today, after those years, we met again, both of us attending interview for Air Asia X, both of us got the job and will be working hand in hand again. 

     Small world huh !!!

             Major Wong Swee Fong

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats and welcome home Capt....:-)

ashburn said...

Thank you sir... nothing compare to home..

Anonymous said...

Harap ada entry utk penerbangan pertama bersama AAX..
dan mungkin Capt yg "pilotkan" flight saya ke Sydney Januari depan...:-)