Saturday, June 16, 2012

AIRBUS A340-600



Woke up early morning, around 4 am in Sydney, 10 pm at Abu Dhabi, my home time and 2 am Malaysian time. For sure I was sleeping for good 4 hours after the tiring 14 hours flight from Abu Dhabi to Sydney. I flew this plane, A340-600, F1 livery, still the longest passenger plane in the world, until  the arrival of the 747-800  which is a few feet longer than this plane.






On ground, during refuelling, cargo loading, the activity around the plane can be observed using the birdseye view camera. I was using my Primary Flight Display for the video screen, which can only be selected whilst on ground, once airborne, this screen is only for the flight instrumentation presentation. If you notice the magenta colour box, it is the indication of the main wheels, for my guide during ground manouvering towrads the runway from parking position vice versa. Very long plane, needed this aid to avoid taxing over the grass or out of the pavement.





Up in the air, I still can view the birdseye view using the centre screen, normally used for the systems display.















The dimensions of this A340-600. Longer than Airbus 380 and B777.










No comments: